Friday, August 31, 2012

The Conversion Story of Suzanne Sanders



Hi! My name is Suzanne Sanders I'm honored to share my conversion story with you and how I came to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. 

I was baptized and confirmed on Sept. 18, 2010. I am so happy that my Husband, Howard grew up in the church and had all of the wonderful virtues instilled in him throughout his life. I had been raised Lutheran and since I had been baptized as an infant then confirmed at 12 in the Lutheran Church, I thought I was good to go. So when the Missionaries came to visit I figured that I had already learned everything I could and I read my daily devotionals so I felt happy but inside I felt like I knew I could be better as a Person, Mother,Friend, Daughter, Wife, Grandma & Sister. 

One thing I wasn't ready to give up is tobacco and coffee. I had already given up alcohol and was thankful to my Husband for believing in me and always encouraging me by telling me “You will” with a positive tone. Then I received inspiration after sending the missionaries away 3 times, that I could do it after all~if I could give up drinking and not even crave it, then God and his Angels must be helping me to have a change of heart and giving me the faith of conquering any obstacle! I had a prompting about my lungs being like my wings and they were very dirty and I woudn’t be able to fly the way Heavenly Father intended. So that’s when I gathered all the tools I could to quit smoking and set a date for my baptism. I remember my Aunt Evelyn giving me a necklace of a small round globe made of glass with a tiny mustard seed inside. 

And with it contained this scripture: -Matthew 17:20
And Jesus said unto them, "If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you." 

I was about 9 when she gave that to me and it was very special and I believed it! And the good thing is that I know it's true and Trust and Faith in God are the most important thing to me. I also know that it is possible for God to communicate with us if we sincerely ask and believe that he will answer our prayers.

Here is a lovely story that I feel describes how I feel about transformation~


~heart The Grand Dream heart~

The caterpillar has a grand dream ~ feels a calling of something urging him to dream of the impossible ~ to experience a transformation of legend and myth, to shift into the shape of the dream held within his heart..he envisions a life of dancing on the wind, being gorgeous to behold painted in glorious fashion, delicate yet strong, with unimaginable stamina.


Deep into the cocoon he must go to meditate, to find communion with his deepest self where he KNOWS that thoughts and substance will combine to create the manifest change. Deep within he goes, silencing all else, to let the thoughts of his desires become so strong that slowly he feels shifting deep within ~ he holds on to his vision as he transcends all limitations, holding on ~ holding on, until he feels ready to claim his new life, ... he slowly begins to emerge. The cocoon has been his sanctuary of communion where he took all shadows to be transformed ... and he is ready ... to see the breaking of the new dawn.


He stretches as the cocoon begins to fall away, he opens himself completely ... feeling the wind on his back like never before he opens his eyes and sees shades of color fluttering around him as his wings catch the breeze ~ red's yellow's blues more vibrant is he than he even imagined ... He takes a deep breath and plunges off the branch ... he catches his breath in exhiliration, his deepest intuition whispers the wisdom of the knowledge of flight ~ he has learned to listen to every sacred word.


He knows he has set himself free, to be all that he dreamed ... he is renewed, he is reborn and whole in his expression of SELF. He is fulfilling his destiny ...as he teaches us that no dream is too big to imagine nor too big to come true ... ~ © Presley ԼƠƔЄ 10.29.2011

3 comments:

  1. oh Suzanne what a wonderful conversion story, I am glad you shared it. My husband is struggling with smoking, he is ready in every other way, my prayer is that one day he will be stronger than that nicotine. thank you again for sharing and the strength it gives to others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing Suzanne! Lovely talk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sister Sanders, Thank you for sharing your conversions story and how, with faith, you overcame the smoking habit. Your experience helps us all strengthen our faith.

    ReplyDelete