Friday, April 27, 2012

What I Save

Posted by: Cassa Fox


With Sean as a teacher and I as a private music teacher our income gets pretty slim and inconsistent.  It is a hobby and challenge to make our money stretch...one I kind of enjoy.  We DO live in a tight budget, we DO use the envelope system from Dave Ramsey, I DO buy name brand products, I DO shop at drug stores, I rarely shop at Wal-Mart, and we always have fun snacks.  How.....COUPONS!!!  I am that shopper with the 3 inch binder full of baseball card holders with little bits of paper that I like to view as cash.  It's always exciting to find $7 mascara marked down to $3 and I have a $2 coupon!!!  Wahoo.  I can still look good and save my family some money.  Other ways I save money: make a weekly menu based on the foods I already have in my kitchen, adjust my budget weekly, shop at the Salvation Army (they have free food), instead of cable we subscribe to hulu and netflix, and shop the sales.  It's not hard, it takes some time, but it is sooo rewarding.  Three blogs I follow daily are www.bargainblessings.com, www.thekrazycouponlady.com, and www.moneysavingmom.com.  These ladies take all of the hard work out of it.  They take the sales, let you know what coupon to use, and where to find that coupon.  I make my list, take my 3 inch white binder, and off I go!!!!  Let me know if you want to learn some of my tricks.  I would love to share more with you!!!

Love, Cassa Fox

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing Cassa! Impressive and rewarding undertaking...provident living.!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christy, It is super rewarding! Before I took charge of how we spent our money it was always scary to get to that 4th week and not have anything left over. Now, I don't fear.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing this Cassa. I've wanted to do this for a long time and you've inspired me now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can do it Suzanne!!! Trust me, if I can do it than anyone can.

      Delete
  3. Let's have a Provident Living Night - Cassa can talk more about coupons... ???

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of couponing but I'm in the situation where I have more money than time so I'm looking for quick ways to save more on groceries. I think I need something small to start with that doesn't take much time and then I can add little things on. I used to look at the newspaper ads to see what was on sale then have it matched at walmart. The ads are even online. I don't buy processed foods so sometimes I find it hard to find coupons for produce and meat and dairy. Do you find that Cassa?

    ReplyDelete