Sunday, April 29, 2012

Primaryisms

Posted by: Lori Jacobsen


Yesterday, I was thinking it would be fun to do a post every so often of things that happen in Primary.  You know "kids say the darnedest things" type of posts.  Well, today in primary we had something that I thought I would share.  

So the topic was 
"I can feel the Savior's love when I follow Jesus Christ".  
Jesus Christ - Son of God 
The scenario that I presented was 
"Lisa was excited because her friend gave her an invitation to her birthday party.  When Lisa gave the invitation to her mom to read, her mom told her that the party was on Sunday.  
To be like Jesus, Lisa should:"
 

There were several responses like; 
Tell her you can't go because it is on Sunday, Celebrate with her by yourself on another day... 
Then we have a young boy who says matter-of-factually, "We could cancel church."  
I asked him if that is what Jesus would do.  
No response, so I said probably not. 
Then we get several more responses like; 
You could buy her a gift, but tell her that you can't go because it is on Sunday, Ask her if she can come and play with you on a different day to celebrate, ect.  
Then the same boy has his hand raised again, 
so I asked him if he had another idea.  
He responds, "We could have the party at the church." 

I guess he just didn't want to miss the party.  :0) 

3 comments: