Sunday, May 13, 2012

So Who's With Me??

It was a fabulous Mother's Day.  The primary was so sweet.  It looks like I have the Sunbeam that's the class clown (I secretly love it).  Relief Society was also enriching.  I caught the fire of visiting teaching a little more! 

I needed today.  I needed to be served.  I needed for someone else to do something.  I get into a trap of feeling depleted and low after giving so much of myself.  When I do have a quiet moment I don't want to do anything!  Honestly, this is ridiculous!  Why do I do this to myself?  There are so many things I enjoy.  For example: a clean house, a smaller waistline, a happy child, a happy husband, indexing, genealogy, crafts, playing with Taylor, music, good meals, gardening.  I don't want to feel depleted anymore.  I have learned over and over again that in order to be truly happy I need to take care of myself.  I have 50 million things I want to do to improve myself.  But tonight I pick 3.

1. Exercise 5 times this week.
2. Restart reading the Book of Mormon in 100 days.
3. Only have fast food twice.

Now the plan...I have a workout buddy that expects me every morning at 6:15 and this week I commit not to let her down.  Taylor's happiest time of the day is morning so when I get home from working out I will read my Book of Mormon for the day.  Fast food is my worst nemesis.  I am a comfort eater with an addictive personality.  Once I get it into my head that I want a bean and cheese burrito from Los Jilbertos nothing can change it.  So, this week I will plan accordingly and only do this twice.  I eventually want this to be a bi monthly or less habit, but for now twice a week is a good goal.

So, who's with me?  Join me in my 3 goals or start your own.  We need each other sisters!  I have learned that I need to be more happy and joyful and let go of the little things.  Which means I need a balanced life. 

Love,
Cassa

5 comments:

  1. Do you have a reading schedule for the 100 days?

    I always like reading your posts; they are so REAL! ps. Taylor is Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here is the website for the schedule. http://attachments.wetpaintserv.us/irWUVGUfbxYfMUJo3AhrBw%3D%3D51069. Let me know if it doesn't work for you.

      Delete
  2. Go Cassa,

    I love your goals cassa. It's so fun to renew yourself and feel excited about goals. You are going to do great. I have a goal to study my scriptures every day and work less. Hopefully you'll check in with us about your goals so we can cheer you on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I just read this... How did you do this past week Cassa?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just read this too.! Great 3 goals. Hope they are going well. I'm with you in support. Thanks for sharing! Hugs

    ReplyDelete